- Economy humming along and adding 200,000 plus new jobs for several months
- Unemployment cut to 5.8%
- Cheap gas — always a holiday season plus
- Dow Jones at all time highs
- Historic climate treaty with China
- Economic sanctions hitting Russian President Putin where it hurts the most — the wallet
- Forbes Magazine naming him the best modern era economic president — sorry Ronnie, the Forbes index has Obama surpassing you with ease.
And now President Obama has historically normalized international relations with Cuba. For the first time in over 54 years, Cuba and USA will have diplomatic ties to each other — effectively ending the Cold War between the two nations.
The NY Times writes:
Rubio, a potential presidential candidate in 2016, has been a longtime critic of the regime in Cuba and of Obama’s foreign policy — which he dubbed on Wednesday as “not just naive, but willfully ignorant of the way the world truly works.”
“This president is the single worst negotiator we have had in the White House in my lifetime,” Rubio said.
Sen. Marco Rubio, a Catholic, criticized Pope Francis on Wednesday after the pontiff played a key role in helping the United States and Cuba forge an agreement that resulted in the release of American Alan Gross from Cuba.
Rubio said he would “ask His Holiness to take up the cause of freedom and democracy.” Read more
Some political observers say Rubio is positioning himself to run for president in 2016, I say Rubio is aiming higher:
Marco Rubio for God 2016 and beyond – vote now!